Pomsky breed information
- Firstly, Blue eye pomsky.A Pomsky is a designer breed with the genetic makeup of a Pomeranian and Siberian Husky.
- secondly, The Pomsky breed is loyal, outgoing, mischievous, friendly, alert, and lively.
- Thirdly, They make wonderful companions for a wide range of families, with or without children.
- Moreover, They are suitable for living in almost all living quarters; condominiums, apartments, rural areas, duplex’s, town homes and general housing.
- Furthermore, Pomskies typically get along with other animals and is a versatile breed.
- In addition, Typical life expectancy of a Pomsky is between ten (10) to sixteen (16) years
- The Pomsky has a double coat and has a well furred body, along with a brush tail. His coat can come in three (3) varieties: wooly, plush or traditional husky coat.Blue eye pomsky
- Their wooly coat still has a double coat, but with guard hairs longer then the traditional coat.
- Ears are erect and typically will resemble or have a Siberian husky mask-and-cap patterns of white markings. Tan markings are allowed and not faulted on mask-and-cap.
- The Pomsky tail typically lies on or around their back and is carried with a high set.
- Gait of a Pomsky is animated, smooth and effortless.
- Blue eye pomsky.The Pomsky can come in three sizes with medium energy levels – Standard, Miniature, and Toy – but other than size, the appearance of the three is the same.
- Weight typical can range between six (6) to thirty (30) pounds. However, the size of a Pomsky is NOT gauged on the weight, but more on height itself.
- Every single Pomsky is unique, and (even within the same litter) there can be a noticeable difference in size between siblings.
- The size of a very young Pomsky puppy is not an accurate indicator of adult height/weight! They will reach max height first and then fill out in body mass last.
- Genetics play the biggest role in determining the adult size of any Pomsky puppy, but health and diet also have an effect.
- We have the Standard Pomsky that is between 18 – 25 lbs, the Mini Pomsky that’s between 9 – 18 lbs, and the Toy Pomsky that is between 5 – 9 lbs.
- All eye colors are acceptable and are noted below. We do NOT breed for eye color at Purebred Pomsky, we breed for health and temperament first.
- Green -(A very light brown mixed with blue making the eyes appear green.)
- Double Colored
coat colors and markings
- All coat colors are acceptable and are noted below. We do not breed for coat color at Purebred Pomsky, we breed for health and temperament first.
- Agouti and white
- Gray and White
- Black and White
- Red and White
- Sable and White
- Black, Gray and White
- Black, Tan and White
- Brown and white
- Tan and Black
- Tan and White
- Isabella White
- Saddle Back
- Splash Coat
proper diet / nutrition
Pomsky is usually extremely playful and comes with a great deal of energy. Hence, they require the right fuel, or food, to keep them going.
While Pomskies inherited these traits from their Husky ancestors, it doesn’t mean you have to give them the same kind of foods.Also, You need to keep in mind that unlike their Husky ancestors, Pomeranian-husky comes in smaller packages and will have a different nutritional need than both of their ancestral breeds.
A Pomsky should be given a high-quality dry kibble of different varieties to supplement their dietary needs. But, one of the deciding factors is their size
- They shed twice a year and so finding a good groomer to have their undercoats blown out is recommended. Bathe when necessary and dry shampoo.
- Brush as needed, they are relatively easy keepers
- Do not forget about those pearly whites, maintain proper dental care.
- Maintain proper veterinarian care with a licensed veterinarian is required.
- Feed an essential dry “premium” dog food for your Pomsky through out their life time.
- Recommended dog food brands are:Eukanuba, Iams and Purina Pro Plan
- Exercise is a must for all Pomskies or canines, young or old; you just need to adjust the amount of exercise to suit your dog’s age and fitness level. Walking your Pomsky daily is essential in maintaining physical health and mental health.
- Vitamins and probiotic’s are recommend to support a health digestive system and over all well being.
- Appropriate chew toys and toys are recommended for your Pomsky for many health and mental benefits. Supervision is recommended.
- Pomsky pups are highly intelligent and are fast learners.
- They love to please and thrive on attention.
- Training activities can help attention spans in your Pomsky, reduce anxiety and control impulse abilities.
- A well trained Pomsky makes for a happier Pomsky and happier household.
- All natural training treats are recommended.
- We recommend only taking your Pomsky to puppy training classes after he or she has received all required vaccinations. Puppy Socialization and the risk of disease is high when your Pomsky has not been vaccinated.
tamperament of pomsky
Just like the physical appearance of a Pomsky is hard to predict, so is their character. Plus, it also depends on the individual genetic makeup of each puppy.
In many cases, a Pomsky inherits the desirable traits from both Pomeranians and Siberian Huskies. What this means is that they are often self-assured, playful, loving, and highly intelligent, which are traits possessed by the Pomeranian and the Siberian Husky.
They are highly protective of their owners, just like a Pomeranian. Plus, they can also make fantastic guard dogs. A Pomsky can sometimes attempt to take on an adversary that they consider a threat to their home regardless of their small size.